Email and discussion board postings are the only way I get to know you as a student. So the impression you make with the way in which you write your emails is very important. For that reason I would like to make sure you follow these simple rules.
1. Emails should be written as formal letters.
2. For all emails, please make sure you include your first and last name and the class name, meaning Art 101 or Art 103B (depending which of my classes you are taking), as well as the section number (for example, Art 101-3 or Art 101-4).
3. Please write in complete sentences, with proper spelling, capitalization, and grammar in all assignments, e-mails, and correspondences. (That means no text-messaging styled correspondences.)
4. Also note that as a policy, I DO NOT accept email attachments and will not grade any assignments sent to me as an attachment.
5. Please note that I do NOT always check my email on the weekends. Therefore, it is imperative that you start your assignments prior to the weekend. That way if you have any questions, you can email me during the week and I will have time to respond back to you. Otherwise, DO NOT expect me to answer emails that are send on Sunday evening a few hours before the assignment is due. Please plan ahead!
Thank you for your attention to these details!
Also, please contact me through the message center in Blackboard first! Please only use my Ohlone email as a backup if Blackboard is down.
All the best,